CaptureRx recently held a 340Brief webinar, hosted by Haig Norwood, on how to choose the right 340B prescription discount card/model for your entity and patients.
In this article, we’ll summarize the key points that were covered in that webinar.
First, what is a 340B prescription discount card?
- A 340B prescription discount card, or commonly known as the “cash card”, is a discount prescription card created to help patients obtain the medications they need at prices they can afford.
What is the importance of 340B prescription discount cards?
- They help to identify how an entity’s 340B savings are directly affecting their patients with reporting on dollar amounts.
- They help medically indigent patients obtain outpatient prescription drugs they couldn’t normally afford.
- And they indirectly help to improve patient outcomes, through better adherence, according to multiple studies.
Why are they even more important now?
Since the COVID-19 pandemic, more than 26 million people have filed unemployment claims, wiping out a decade of job gains and leaving many without any insurance at all.
This can lead to:
- People with limited/no income having to choose between food for the family or prescription drugs.
- The most vulnerable are “high-risk” populations with fewer financial means and are at even more risk of prescription abandonment.
Want to get started with your own CaptureRx Cash Card? –
Contact your Customer Relationship Manager (or Product Manager) to express interest. A call will be scheduled for program introduction and design specificity. Once the design has been determined and the implementation begins, the covered entity will receive their cash cards within 10 business days. CaptureRx also offers a customizable card with your logo and information on the card.
For more information, please visit https://www.capturerx.com/capturecard/
If you’ve already determined that you are 340B eligible, you should consider reading our ‘understanding 340B compliance‘ article as an appropriate next step in your 340B education.
From all of us at CaptureRx, we thank you for reading this content.
All information, content, and materials available on this site are for general informational purposes only.
The information provided on this website does not, and is not intended to, constitute legal advice.
You should not act upon any such information without first seeking qualified professional counsel for your specific matter.